Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Possible New Food at Adelphi

A "hot pocket"-like wrap.

Earlier today, Lackmann Culinary Services, Adelphi’s food provider, gave free samples of “Pizzan.”  They offered students a choice of either peperoni or buffalo chicken meat.  

“I tried the buffalo chicken and I liked it a lot,” says Nina Stoia, ’16. “My friend got the peperoni and it wasn’t so good… I think I would pay $5.50 for one… I paid $12.00 for a salad.”

“It tasted good, but it tasted like a hot pocket,” says Jacqueline Williams, ’14.








Chef Fletcher Johnson and a Lackmann District Manager

“I wouldn’t pay $5.50 for it because it tastes like rubber chicken,” says Carl Williams ’15.

I tried the peperoni “Pizzan” and I found it to be very unhealthy and oily.  I don’t think it would be a good idea for students to be eating a “Hot Pocket”-like meal lunch or dinner on a daily basis.



No comments:

Post a Comment