Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tavalon Bubble Tea

Tavalon tea is offered in the Underground Cafe.

Finally, bubble tea, along with Tavalon Tea, has come to Adelphi's Underground Cafe!  Growing up with Chinese parents, I am a huge fan of bubble tea.  During the warm weather, bubble tea is a popular drink/snack for the Asian community in NYC.  It was quite exciting to see a new cultural food come on campus. 

Bubbles, boba, and tapioca balls are synonymous.  They can be added to any drink with an extra cost of 50 cents.  It is available in the Underground Cafe.

“It’s good,” says Kate McLeod, ’15.  “We got green tea with boba.”







My black tea with tapioca balls.
“It’s my first time trying it,” says Meghan Starkes, ’15.  “I wasn’t sure what they were for.  Still not sure what they are for.”

I tried the bubble black tea, but the tapioca balls are not as good as they can be.  I am willing to try it once more, though!

The Tavalon tea menu.



No comments:

Post a Comment