Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Underground's Secret Hours

The Underground Cafe is often found
closed on its usual Saturday hours.
The Underground Cafe on the basement of the Adelphi University Center is known for its Starbucks coffee, warm and calm atmosphere, friendly service, jazz music, and pastries.  However, it is also known for its slow and long lines, expensive drinks, low-quality Starbucks drinks, and most annoyingly, inconsistent hours.

"Nice atmosphere, too expensive when it comes to the food, but that's a place that I would have my meetings," says Josephine Chuah '16.  "It's not open on Saturday... Well, I don't go there on Saturdays anyway. But I do like the ladies there; they are very nice and friendly.  But I do wish that the compound was bigger because a lot of people do have lunch there."

According to the Adelphi University Student Planners (funded by the Student Government Association) and the Adelphi website, the Underground Cafe is supposed to be open on Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm.  However, as a resident, I know that this is not true.  Also, the Underground Cafe used to be open on Sundays from 10:00am-2:00pm, but now it is closed.

"It really bothers me that they are not open on the weekends," says Megan O'Reilly, '16.


The amount of seating is limited in the Underground Cafe.


No comments:

Post a Comment